The kitchen knives are the main tool for those who spend time in the kitchen.
Although we cook at a particular level, or at a professional level, we will need good knives for the kitchen, in order to prepare innumerable dishes and recipes and get our guests to suck their fingers.
We use knives for practically everything in the kitchen: for example, to cut, to chop, to chop, to laminate.
Knives are one of the important items in the kitchen. They help in carrying out some vital cutting tasks while cooking, to achieve a perfect delicacy. Unfortunately, that will not be the case, in a place where a perfect knife set is absent. So, what are some of these best kitchen knife sets?
Top 5 Kitchen Knife Sets: Editor’s Picks
Some Tips to Choose Kitchen Knife
- Remember that there are different types of knives, each with specific functions. You have some that are worth almost everything and are very practical, but, another good option, are the games, which include several so you can exchange them according to what you need.
- Look especially at the knife edge . A good sharpening is a guarantee that it will cut effortlessly.
- Make sure it is a comfortable and ergonomic knife when handling it and, if possible, with a smooth handle, without irregularities.
- Regarding the handle, also avoid those that are made of wood, since its surface is porous and its cleaning is more complex favoring the proliferation of bacteria (some of this type have specific treatments to avoid it).
- Always opt for those materials that guarantee maximum durability and better sharpening. Stainless steel and ceramic material give the best results.
- Do not choose a knife with the handle too heavy. In the short term, you will find it uncomfortable and you will end up not using it.
Here are 10 Knifes for the Money
Cuisinart C77SS-17P 17-Piece Artiste Collection Cutlery Knife Block Set
- Superior stainless steel blade for precision cutting
- Uniquely designed handle for strength and control
This is an essential set of kitchen knife that saves on your kitchen space. It comes with 17 knives with a sharpness that is always maintained despite repeated use. The knives will never give in to rust, because of their stainless-steel blades. Their handles are always strong and long-lasting, thus saving you on maintenance cost. It is indeed a knife set you can bank on.
Delicately designed for both looks AND a wide variety of cutting tasks, the Cuisinart’s 17-piece set is one plucky bunch of knives you don’t want to miss out on.
To accommodate the various needs of chefs and cooks using this set, the Cuisinart designers made sure to incorporate the knives with both serrated edges (for cutting bread and pastries), and knives with paring edges suitable for cutting vegetables.
So, whatever you need to cut, hack, or slash, this set’s got it! A warm recommendation on our part.
Emojoy Knife Set, 15-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Block Wooden
- 【A MULTI-PURPOSE KITCHEN DÉCOR MUST】Ergonomically Pakkawood handles - classy and timeless look, which wood grain only gets better with age. A perfect mix of design & practicality to maximize...
- 【PROFESSIONAL QUALITY AT ITS BEST】Made from X50Cr15 Superior high-Carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy. Strong, durable bolster for perfect stability and control. Sharp, sturdy...
In need of a kitchen set, with all the kitchen essentials? Then this is the right pick. With the addition of scissors, you will be able to easily open various packages. The knives are so sharp and won’t succumb to rust either. Its knife block is so strong and of great quality. For an affordable price, you get to enjoy this quality knife set.
The package they come in looks rather simple, in all fairness, but once you’ve opened it up, you’ll see a bundle o’ knives that can easily be compared to some of their more expensive peers when it comes to quality.
If you opt for this set, you’ll also get the sheaths for both of the knives, meaning that you can store them away safely and don’t worry about them getting damaged. Of course, the fact that they’re made out of ceramics rather than steel means they won’t rust, even in a damp environment!
Chicago Cutlery Fusion High-Carbon Stainless Steel Knife Block Set
- 12 piece set includes a 3. 25" Parer, 5" Utility, 7. 75" Bread, 7. 75" Chef, 8" Slicer, 6 - 4. 50" Steak knives, caramel-stained wood block
- Stays sharp longer - in testing, fusion knives kept their sharpness longer than the market leading knife brand. * * Tested (December 2018) against the best-selling knife set from the market leader
This set of knives assures you value for your money. They are significantly sharp, with a well-held edge. On holding them, you feel both balanced and solid in your hand. Solid metal has been used in making steak knives, hence and thus the handle will neither wobble loose nor have water stick to it after washing. If you choose their larger knives, you will not experience any handle challenges. Instead, they look impressive in your kitchen, with a sexy and sleek outlook.
Another great thing about this set that is worth noting would be that- there’s 12 of them! So, rest assured, whether you plan to delicately dissect a banana, or chop down a whale’s left fin, this particular set is all you’re going to need for the task ahead of you!
That being said, there are a couple of precautions related to these knives. First off, don’t ever use them to hack through bone, as this can damage their fine blades. (Use a clever for that or something more appropriate. A chainsaw maybe.) Secondly, don’t wash them in a dishwasher. This can create tiny nicks in the edges which will force you to grind them down more often than needed.
Other than these minor inconveniences, this set is a blast to work with! Couldn’t recommend it enough
Chicago Cutlery Essentials Stainless Steel Knife Block Set
- Essentials 15-piece set includes 3-inch peeling, 3-1/2-inch paring, 4-1/2-inch serrated fruit, 4-3/4-inch serrated utility, 5-inch Santoku, 7-inch Santoku, 8-inch scallopped bread knives, kitchen...
- Blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel for a strong, hard edge for long lasting, precise cutting and easy re-sharpening; high-carbon stainless steel resists stains, rust and pitting
As a chef in your home, you will need a sharper knife to carry out some cutting tasks. This set of knives assures you that service. You can easily remove its bottom to clean it, thus enhancing your cutlery hygiene. Besides, these knives never succumb to wear and tear, and to them, rust is always kept at bay.
Also, this set performs wonderfully in the department of elegance. That’s right! If you planning on inviting some high-brow guests to your respectable home, and you worry they might want to inspect your kitchen, with this set, you’ll wow them so much they will have no idea what hit them!
Shiny and pretty much indestructible, this Chicago Cutlery set can be a perfect weapon of choice for a cook who also happens to be an avid fashionista.
Victorinox Fibrox Pro 3-piece Knife Set
- Set Includes: Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's, 10.25 Inch Bread Knife, 3.25 Inch Swiss Classic Paring Knife
The quality of their build shouldn’t come as that much of a surprise, really, as the world-renown company who made them was also the mastermind behind the famous Swiss army knife.
At Victorinox, the simplicity of design and unparalleled durability are the top priorities, so do expect these knives to be tough, elegantly-made, and easy to take care of. (In the sense of washing them, sharpening them, that sort of stuff.)
While we’re at it, when it does come to washing up, you can just chuck these knives in the dishwasher without worrying they’ll get damaged!
Your kitchen aesthetic nature is something you will not disregard. It provides an impressive and elegant environment to carry out your cooking. These set of knives supplements that aesthetic desire. As they supplement, the outlook of your kitchen, they still remain sharp despite repeated use. They are weightless, thus enhancing their portability. Their covers offer protection to the blades and hands so that you won’t have to grab a wrong knife from the drawer.
Cangshan K Series 61918 German Steel Forged 3-Piece Starter Knife Set
- Unique Patent Pending Design that focuses on ergonomics handle and redesigned bolster
- Forged from X50Cr15MoV German Steel with HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
Despite being cheap, quality is never compromised at any point. These knives perfectly suit a person who prefers cooking and operates on a tight budget. They maintain their sharpness despite repeated use. At no any one moment will you find flaws in their scissors, knives, and block.
The design of these knives is actually patent-pending, so if you’re looking for innovative looks as well as unparalleled sharpness, you should definitely check out this set.
To achieve the sharpness that could scarcely be compared to that of other knives sets, the folks at Cangshan decided to go for Titanium of all metals. Hey, if it works for spaceships, it might also work for kitchen knives, right?
All in all, the designers at Cangshan are pretty confident in what they’ve accomplished with this set. So much so, that they issue a limited lifetime warranty on this set! So, if you’re concerned about these knives getting damaged or dull rather quickly, don’t be- because the Cangshan company has got your back.
Amazon Basics Premium 18-Piece Knife Block set
- Full tang triple-riveted, ergonomic handle ensures comfort and control
- High quality stainless-steel with precision-honed blade for lasting sharpness
The price might give you second choice about its quality, but believe me this set has something special to offer. First and foremost, they will always be sharp despite using them regularly. Second, these knives have a great strong feel in your hand. Consequently, quality is guaranteed.
That’s right, for a relatively small price, you’ll get 18 knives, a pair of scissors, AND a wooden block to top it all off! The blades of the knives are made out of high-quality stainless steel which is well-known for being able to withstand a nuclear disaster. Also, as you may already know, stainless steel doesn’t rust, so you won’t have to worry about handling them with special care around water.
That being said, these knives don’t really fare well if they’re washed in a dishwasher. Therefore, to avoid damaging their fine edges, make sure to always hand wash them!
Ergo Chef 9 Piece Chef Knife Set
- Made of high carbon stainless steel (5Cr15Mov) with a sturdy TPR handle
- Non-slip surface handles for easy use NSF Tested
First of all, it is stylish, sharp and light. That means it not only brings an extra touch to your kitchen but also enhances your cutting activities. Besides, the stainless steel perfectly holds the edge. It is very clear, to the extent of seeing all the knives.
Other than ensuring the typical knife attributes such as the sharpness of the edge and the ergonomics of the handle are of top-notch quality, the Ergo Chef crew have also paid special attention to the preservation of their products.
Namely, if you decide to buy this set, you’ll also get a set of universal edge guards. These will protect the edge of your knives as well as any surface that might come in contact with it. (For example, if you’re carrying your knives in a bag, you don’t want them to damage the material of the bag.)
Speaking of the devil, this set also features a bag as an addition! Lovely stuff, indeed. A must-have for a safety-first type of cook!
Miracle Blade III 16 Piece Knife and Block Set
- New Miracle Blade III Perfection Series Steak Knife Set includes 8 piece steak knives.
- The new Miracle Blade World Class Knives are flash forged, can slice through anything and will always stay super sharp!
Nothing supports your cooking more than a reliable kitchen knife set. This is one of the best kitchen knife set you will ever come across. They have an improved cutting quality that a knife set of its price will not offer. Their sharpness is always efficient despite repeated use. Nevertheless, it will give you more value than the amount spent.
Having spent some five years in development, the rather sizeable 8-piece knife and block set from the Miracle Blade III company has certainly rewarded those who were patient enough to wait for it.
Possibly one of the biggest strengths of this particular set is the fact that it’s quite well-rounded in the sense that it’s got 8 knives, a pair of scissors, and a wooden block for good measure. So, if you get this set, you won’t be needing another one any time soon.
Great solution if you aren’t exactly excited about the idea of spending a bunch of money on new sets all the time.
Cuisinart Contour Ceramic Sharper than Steel 4-Piece Knife
- Chicago Cutlery Metropolitan 15-Piece Block Knife Set includes 2-3/4-inch and 3-1/2-inch paring knives, 4-3/4-inch Partoku, 5-1/2-inch utility, 7-inch Santoku, 9-inch scalloped and six 4-1/2-inch...
- High-carbon stainless steel blades resist rust, stains, and pitting, while Chicago Cutlery's exclusive 25-degree Taper Grind edge provides optimum sharpness.
The set itself includes 15 knives of varying sizes, so you can chop and hack at foods tough and soft without any issues.
As for the haft, for additional safety, the folks at Chicago Cutlery equipped their knives with some rugged, triple-riveted handles which not only add stability to the blade but also ensure your safety. Oh, and also- thanks to their ergonomic design, your hand will never tire while using one of the knives from this set!
All in all, an excellent set that can turn your kitchen into a place of enjoyment and culinary wonders. (If you know how to cook, that is. If you don’t, the knife set will at least look pretty sitting on the kitchen table or something.)
What should I look for when I buy some kitchen knives?
Having the best kitchen knives in the kitchen is almost a necessity and a guarantee that you will enjoy preparing different meals.
There is no doubt that one of the most appreciated things when someone enters a kitchen willing to prepare a rich recipe is to have the right tools to perform each step quickly and effectively. In this sense, the knives are the kings, if they fulfill their function, everything is easier.
Remember that buying a good kitchen knife does not necessarily mean opting for the most expensive model. Below, we offer you a series of general tips that can help you make the best decision.
Having seen the best kitchen knives in the market, let’s see what are the characteristics that every good knife should have , so that, even if you do not choose an option from the list and buy one on your own, you are sure that you have made the right decision.
First, you have to look at the type of knife . And here there is much to talk about, because there are huge varieties, from sizes, to needs that satisfy, type of knife according to country of origin, etc.
In general, a good kitchen should have a multipurpose knife, a chef knife, a vegetable peeling knife, a serrated knife for bread, a butcher knife, a filleting knife, a carving knife, and a sharpener.
If you do not have any knife, or the ones you have are of poor quality, it is best to buy a full pack directly, which will save you headaches and, surely, some money.
However, you can also evaluate which knives you have and do not feel the need to change, and which ones you should acquire new. Buying knives individually can be a bit more complicated and a bit more expensive, but it can compensate you.
Finally, you must bear in mind that, for some dishes, such as sushi, you will need Japanese knives, which have special characteristics. You must ask yourself if you are going to take advantage and if the purchase makes up for it.
On the other hand, the appearance of the materials with which the knife has been made is also very important. The manufacturing material will tell you, to a large extent, the quality of the knife and its durability.
In general, these knives are made of stainless steel, and the results that allow you to get are very good. However, ceramic knives, which offer a better cut, are in vogue lately, but, in return, they are a bit more fragile.
I have a certain predilection for ceramic knives, but the truth is that a good knife of stainless steel, well sharpened, offers exceptional results, and it is not necessary to go further.
In addition, ceramic knives are a bit more expensive.
You also have to look at the material with which the handle is made. And, in many cases, the knives end up dying by the handle, and not by the blade. It seems that the manufacturers compete to give the best sheet, but they do not do the same with the handle.
Make sure that the material of the handle is resistant and, above all, that it does not slip. A sliding handle is the best way to a safe cut. And the cuts of that type (where you’re doing hand pressure) are very harmful.
Ergonomics and proportions
Another aspect to take into account is the ergonomics and the proportions of the knife . It is convenient that the knife has an ergonomics appropriate for you, and that is balanced, so that you find it comfortable to handle it.
As for the proportions, you should pay attention to the fact that the amount of steel is optimal, that it does not weigh more than the bill, and, in short, that it is well manufactured and will not cause problems while you are in the kitchen.
The old knives had a steel blade, but now things have changed. The predominant materials in the market are steel, ceramics, even a combination of these two materials. The carbon steel knives, with ceramic coating, are economical and versatile, so they can be a good idea.
One must understand the knife as the prolongation of the cook’s hand; that is why mango is considered so important. We will find it made of plastic, wood or steel. The ones made of wood and those made of steel are the ones that require the most care, but at the same time the ones that last the longest (as long as they take good care of themselves). Its grip must be solid, consistent and of quality. Each type of knife will have a different handle; for example, Japanese kitchen knives have several handles depending on the model chosen.
A good kitchen knife must be balanced: the center of gravity must be included in the point of union between the handle and the blade.
The knife should be light, although this is very subjective. The lightweight models will allow us to manage chopping and cutting tasks quickly. If we choose a knife that weighs a lot, it will slow down our work.
Brand, price and opinions
You should also look at the brand, the price and opinions, as with any other product . The best brands of knives, as you can imagine, have a somewhat higher price, but also much more remarkable and positive opinions.
In our opinion, it is always preferable to spend a little more money to get a higher quality, but this, obviously, depends on the budget of each, and we do not get into it (that’s why we offer options for all budgets).
As for the opinions of buyers, you always have to look at them, because you might find a good brand with a good price, but that product, coincidentally, is not too good.
There are already other people who have made a mistake in the purchase before (and people who have guessed right, of course). Do not play it, and be guided by what they think about the product in question.
And when it comes to opinions, you should always keep an eye on them before making any purchases. They can save you from buying a product that looked good but, in reality, it was not worth it.
How to keep knives in good condition
- After using the knife wash it immediately to avoid excessive contact with food. Do not leave them submerged in water for a long time, especially in the case of saline waters that affect the metal.
- To wash the knives use a neutral or slightly alkaline detergent, avoid chlorine-containing products or cursors that spoil the steel and remove the natural shine of the knife and also scouring pads or abrasive, metallic or synthetic cleansers.
- If you wash the knives in the dishwasher place them with the blade down in the cutlery baskets separated from plates and glasses to avoid friction. Remove the knives from the dishwasher when the cycle is finished and dry them with a cloth.
- To prevent corrosion do not leave the knives wet, always dry them with a soft and absorbent cloth, even after the washing of the washer.
Your kitchen experience will always be better whenever you have essential cutlery on board. Best kitchen knife sets are an important necessity at this juncture. Do not worry about the prices, since some of them are available at an affordable price, just to enhance your cutting experience.