If you are like most people, you hate housework! Cleaning floors and carpets is not an appealing task. Instead, cleaning floors is a chore you would rather give someone else.
But, the fact is, when your floor or carpet needs cleaning, and unless you can afford a cleaning service, you are the one to do it.
Thankfully, the best self-propelled vacuum cleaners on the market can help you.
And, this review will give you the information you can use in selecting your brand of vacuum cleaner.
With other types of vacuum cleaners on the market, you need the right information to guide you toward the available self-propelled vacuum cleaners that will get the job done.
So here goes.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Self Propelled Vacuum Cleaner
|Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Upright Vacuum Cleaner, with HEPA Filter Bag, Lightweight,...||Buy on Amazon|
|Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Anniversary WindTunnel Self Propelled Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum U6485900||Buy on Amazon|
- 3 Self Propelled Vacuum Reviews
Benefits of self-propelled vacuum
Choosing a vacuum cleaner may boil down to the type of floor you have and how the vacuum you select benefits your purpose.
First, your self-propelled vacuum takes the weight of vacuuming off your shoulders (and back). Because the vacuum cleaner moves across your floor or carpet on its power, all you need to do is steer it wherever you need to. Your back won’t feel the brunt of your vacuuming efforts as the self-propelled vacuum does most of the work for you.
Secondly, self-propelled vacuum cleaners are the most appropriate for your home if it is mostly carpeted. These kinds of vacuum cleaners, unlike the canister type vacuum, work more thoroughly and effectively on thick carpets. Not that they do not work on other floors or surfaces, but the self-propelled vacuum cleaners make carpet cleaning an easier task.
Thirdly, you get a cleaner result with the self-propelled vacuum cleaner as its powerful rotating brushes pick up and remove even deeply embedded dirt and stains. These vacuum cleaners are also a little heavier than the bagless, canister type cleaners.
While other vacuum cleaners on the market have their purposes, self-propelled vacuum cleaners are accepted for their convenience. Such cleaners are not hard to maneuver around corners, under beds, and in other hard to reach areas. Their power helps you to save your energy while getting the job done.
So, you can see that using the self-propelled upright vacuum cleaner has its benefits. It is the right choice if the floors in your home are mostly carpet and rugs, and you have trouble with your back or getting around (mobility).
3 Self Propelled Vacuum Reviews
1. Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Bagged Upright Vacuum
- Slim swivel design: Enables you to turn on a dime and lies virtually flat so you can easily maneuver around and reach under furniture.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at less than 8 pounds this vacuum cleaner weighs about the same as a gallon of milk.
Your floor cleaning task need not be a back-breaking chore with the Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Bagged Upright Vacuum. With this corded vacuum cleaner, you can still maneuver your way around the house as you clean. That is because the vacuum cleaner swivels to allow you to get around furniture and under tight spaces, like under the bed. This newest addition to Oreck Magnesium’s line of upright vacuum cleaners can be listed among the best self-propelled vacuum cleaners on the market.
It weighs just under eight pounds. So, you won’t have trouble taking it upstairs. Furthermore, the Oreck Magnesium RS’ suction power is incredible. That means, an excellent clean for your tile, hardwood, concrete, and carpeted floors. With its wireless two-speed QuickSwitch located conveniently on the handle, you can select the level of power that is the right fit for the floor you are cleaning.
- Select the best power level for your task with the wireless QuickSwitch on the handle;
- Equipped with a HEPA inner bag that catches 99.97% of all dust particles from the air;
- Dust does not escape during bag changes, thanks to its Saniseal Docking System;
- A versatile vacuum cleaner that works on any floor including hardwood floors, tiles, and carpeted surfaces;
- Swivels to move around furniture and lie flat to reach under beds and other tight spaces;
- Equipped with a powerful, 7,000 RPM motor that cleans floors well.
- The cord clip does not hold the cord securely.
2. Oreck Upright Vacuum Cleaner LW100 Magnesium SP with 3 HEPA Bags
The best solution for removing deep-down dirt and stains is to use a powerful vacuum cleaner. With Oreck Upright Vacuum Cleaner, there is no doubt that you have the most powerful and reliable cleaner in your hands. Not only does this vacuum cleaner beat stubborn dirt and stains, but it also removes dust, pet dander, and pollen leaving your home fresh and clean. The Oreck Upright Vacuum Cleaner is also useful in cleaning offices and other spaces.
LW100 Oreck Upright Vacuum Cleaner delivers versatility, strength, and premium-quality clean you won’t get from other products. It is made with magnesium and features a dual-speed “Quick Switch” and a self-propelled motor that removes the toughest dirty spots.
Oreck is best for low hardwood floors, high carpets, and tile floors. It is lightweight, around 7.7 pounds, and easy to maneuver around and under furniture. The HEPA inner bag and Endurolife belt collect debris, dirt, mold, and pet dander using around 102 mph of airflow. The vacuum cleaner also comes with side brushes you can use to clean baseboards and edges.
- Remove deep dirt and stains from rugs and carpets with the high-powered Oreck vacuum cleaner;
- Catch 99.97% of the dust and mold in the advanced HEPA filter bag;
- The various speed that you can adjust;
- Very versatile, use on any floor such as tile, linoleum, hardwood, rugs, and carpets;
- Comes with three additional magnesium HEPA bags.
3. Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum
For your convenience, the Hoover Anniversary vacuum cleaner alerts you whenever the bag needs to be changed. Also, it can get at the dirt, dust, pet hair, and other mess in low light areas, and hard-to-see places. An exciting feature that is also convenient is the indicator that lets you know when all the dirt is lifted from your carpet or floor. This effective vacuum cleaner removes even dirt that is lodged along the edges.
Of course, this high-performance vacuum cleaner is not for everyone. If you are all for this heavy-duty, old-school vacuum cleaner that is self-propelled, corded, and happens to be inexpensive, then this is the choice for you. If, however, you prefer a vacuum cleaner that is high-tech, complicated, and bagless, then the Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel is not the one.
- Completely vacuums dirt, dust, and other debris off carpets and floors;
- It is a self-propelled vacuum that makes it easy and effortless to get your floors clean;
- It is not costly;
- The Hoover Anniversary upright vacuum has a wide nozzle to cover more ground on each pass;
- DirtFinder sensor turns green when there is no more dirt in your carpet or floor;
- Controls also include a three-position carpet height adjuster so that you can clean any floor;
- Comes with 2 Extension Wands, an Upholstery tool, Crevice Tool, Air Powered Hand Tool, and Dusting Brush.
- It is heavier than other upright vacuum cleaners, may be a struggle to take upstairs.
4. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin Vacuum Cleaner
If you aren’t very strict with the budget for the right product for your home, we’d recommend investing in the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin Vacuum Cleaner. It is priced at just under $500, however, the quality of the product makes up for the entire price you pay.
The best thing about this vacuum cleaner is the fact that it’s integrated with the Radial Root Cyclone technology that ideally captures the dirt and the dust and traps it inside the dirt canister without any complaints.
The self-adjusting cleaner head is what sets this apart from all the other available options in the market. Ideal for both carpets and hardwood floors both, this vacuum cleaner can effectively clean all your dirt and grime in no time at all.
Also, the motorized brush bar is integrated with stiff nylon bristles that brush and scrub through the stubborn dirt and grease off the floor and get rid of it in no time. The entire machine is integrated with the standard HEPA filter keeping the house free from allergens.
The bin in this vacuum cleaner can be emptied without any issues. All you need to do is press down on a single button to empty the bin and get rid of all the dirt without having to go in with your hands. Also, the cleaner comes with a reusable cleaning cloth.
- Integrated with cyclone cleaning system
- Comes with a self-adjusting cleaner head
- Designed with a stiff nylon brush for deep cleaning
- Comes with HEPA filters
- Quite on the pricey end
The best self-propelled vacuum cleaners on the market can be found among a few well-known and reputable brands. These are the options from which you can select the right vacuum cleaner that gets the job done for you. Not only are these convenient for cleaning your carpets and floors, but they are easy on your back. Consider the self-propelled vacuum cleaner as your solution whenever you need to get your rugs and carpets clean of embedded dirt, pet hair, and other debris. This review highlights the recommended upright self-propelled vacuum cleaner that is trusted by householders the world over. Why not give these vacuum cleaner models a try?