The roof is an important part in the construction of a home: with it a space is closed, and effort is materialized. Hence its importance, especially at times when the construction of a home implies, for a large part of society, a more than important investment.
Therefore, before starting any idea or sketch, in order to decide what type of ceiling is indicated, it is best to consult a professional in advance.
When it comes to options, three main alternatives can be described:
· Flat roofs: here the reinforced concrete slab predominates. Frequently applied to the modern minimalist concept, with square designs, white cantilevers, simple pure lines and no cover in sight. They are also often used with pergolas protected by metal sheets or plastic anti-hail.
· To one or two waters: in its covers usually used galvanized plates, colored plates or tiles. Currently, they predominate to two waters and with wooden structure with a roof of tiles covered by common or glazed tiles in all their models, as well as the color plates.
· To several waters. Very frequent in the south of the country, although they are also seen in closed neighborhoods. They must take care of several points: “the meetings between a roof skirt and another. It is necessary to consider the necessary section of the supporting beams, the sublimates, summits, valleys and in this subject, the drainage and discharge of waters “, maintains the architect Gonzalo Ferrer.
The house is one of the mandatory requirements that must be owned by everyone. Each house requires roofs ensuring maximum protection against sun and rain. In addition to functioning as a protector, the roof of the house also serves as an addition to the beauty of the house exterior.
Here are Some Things that must be considered before making the installation of roof:
1. Consider the weather conditions
One of the most important factors you should consider before deciding to choose the type of roofs is the weather condition. For example, you should not use zinc as the roof material if your house is in the region often hit by hurricanes.
2. Note the roof installation
If you are planning the installation of the roof independently, you should select only roof types that are easy to be installed. Another thing you should know is the time of installation, the time required to install a roof varies depending on the ability of the builder. You are strongly advised to wear professional staff in the installation of the roof because they know the different installation procedures for each type of roof.
3. The thickness of roofing materials
The thickness of roofing materials available in the market is varied. Choosing the roof thickness should be done in accordance with the state of your home. Selection should be adjusted to your taste so that your home will seem more beautiful, at least on your eyes. There is a general agreement, the thicker roof material the more durable it is.
If you are diligently looking for a roof over the Internet, you can obtain high quality roofs at affordable prices. Purchasing at the online stores is considered to be more favorable by many people associated with a greater freedom in selecting roof products.
The first aspect to consider is the place and the weather. If it is an area with intense and very frequent rains, the sloping roof is better. Given the inclination of the roof, the water will be easily evacuated. This does not invalidate that flat roofs can be made, if the aesthetics of the house imposes it.
Where there are many trees, drains are usually obstructed. In these cases it is advisable to resort to the flat roof with free runoff, that is without gutters. In this way, the sheets will not be retained by any construction element of the roof.
What counts here is whether it will be accessible or not. That is, if it will be used as a terrace, then a flat roof should be chosen.
Within this option, several termination possibilities are found. The most common is the terrace with the typical tiles. There are variants, such as a garden terrace to gain more space in homes where there is not much patio or background. Another option is the combination of flat roofs with sloped roofs, where the flat parts are used as terrace balconies.